A web-based scavenger hunt for teachers in all thing literacy education!
I was in a literacy department meeting this week, and a colleague jokingly said she needed 8 more hours each day to get work done. Time is definitely something that can’t be changed, but as a society of educators, we should maximize our time while savoring the time we are given to make an impact in the reading world. In my position as an urban literacy specialist, I travel nationally to help turn failing schools into full accreditation in just one school year. Sadly, I can’t be everywhere but absolutely believe that every single elementary school teacher has the power to be an effective reading teacher. Since time is always our issue, I have put together the tools needed to start tackle reading in your classroom today. Literacy Go takes you on a scavenger for all things reading education with some treats and prizes along the way! I hope you catch what you need to make a successful year for your students! Good luck and let me know how your literacy journey goes throughout the year on social media !@KathrynStarke #LiteracyGO #TackleReading Facebook.com/creativemindspublications
- Start here and read the key to unlocking a child’s potential! Add this article to your backpack of literacy tools to constantly inspire you bring out the best in our students. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/key-unlocking-childs-potential-kathryn-starke?trk=prof-post
- Add some people to your literacydex from social media that will help you grow as a teacher on a daily basis! @KathrynStarke @DannyBrassell @kecedo @teachercoach @teachintechgal
- Capture your students’ attention with some free treats to add to your backpack of reading tools for the classroom! https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kathryn-Starke
- Visit http://creativemindspublications.com/consulting.php and http://creativemindspublications.com/author.php to determine what literacy services would best serve your school during the 2016-2017 academic year
- You deserve a break! If you could travel anywhere in the world, where it would be? Tell me on Twitter @KathrynStarke using #LiteracyGo to be entered in a drawing to win a free autographed copy of Amy’s Travels at amazon; more than one teacher will win!
- Read the following article from The Huffington Post http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kicking-off-a-season-of-readers_us_57c9ca81e4b07addc41255fc?y69e ; after reading send a tweet to your favorite team or NFL player with the following message. “Help our students #TackleReading. Join our team today!” #LiteracyGo *You will then be entered in a drawing to win an autographed copy of Tackle Reading (available October 2016 at amazon)
- You are invited to take advantage of one free email consult or free ten minute phone call consult with Kathryn Starke, urban literacy expert. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to take advantage today using the subject heading LiteracyGo free consult
- Every teacher deserves to be pampered. I found this website http://pamperedteacher.com/ which could be exactly what you need or desire! The owner is providing a special discount especially for you! Use the coupon code CreativeMinds to get $2 off anything on the site. (Free shipping on ALL orders, every day. They even have teacher gifts under $10 that this can be applied to.)
- Your team is always the best support system! Where does your team like to go outside of school to get reboot for another school day? Either check in with a picture on Instagram #LiteracyGo to be entered to win a gift card to an undisclosed location teachers love or simply enjoy the privacy away from your teaching incubator.
- Make sure you get your “wearable” to promote a love of literacy in your classroom. The #TackleReading t-shirt is available in multiple colors and styles around October 3, 2016. Every shirt purchased gives the gift of reading to a child. (teespring.com/tackle-reading ) *Take a selfie and post to Twitter and/or Instagram with #TackleReading with a chance to win the opportunity to be a part of a #TackleReading event
- Sign up with Donors Choose ( https://www.donorschoose.org/ ) to get special projects and materials funded for your classroom. Donors Choose will help purchase copies of Amy’s Travels and Tackle Reading from amazon for classrooms and schools nationwide.
- Become a fan of literacy at Facebook.com/creativemindspublications to see who wins the prizes from #LiteracyGo and get the latest information, tips, guidance, and news on creating a literacy environment that promotes student success!